Playing in four bands

Monday Nov. 4th/2019

It's been quite a while since I've posted an entry but nothing like fracturing your finger and being out of commission for a few weeks to remind yourself you have time......lots of time. Other than the inconvenience of having a cast on my left hand, the biggest drag is not being able to play guitar. I have probably played my guitar everyday, with the exception of a week here and there for vacations, since I was 12! It's really is a huge part of my DNA.

I have had a really busy year playing which is great. Touring a lot with Cod Gone Wild and getting ready for a 16 date Christmas tour which will be fun. Great band and really fun music. We recorded a Christmas CD last year called "The Neighbourhood Rounds". I wrote a tune for the record called (I'll Never Be) A Come From Away. Band lineup is Andrew Mercer -  lead vocals, acoustic guitar and bodhran , David Mihal - drums, Susan Aylard - fiddle and vocals, Dan Fogarty - bass and yours truly - electric guitar and vocals. www.codgonewild.com



I have also been busy getting Songs of the Southern Belles busy for next year with a couple of tours. We were fairly busy this year but we had a couple of personnel changes so I'm kind of re-branding the show. This show is so much fun and I love playing vintage traditional country music. The band is vocalist Kinga Heming, Loni Moger - on acoustic guitar and vocals, David Mihal - drums, Dan Fogarty - bass and yours truly on Telecaster and vocals!! Visit our Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/SongsoftheSouthernBelles/



I have also joined a co-lead trio called Stringers w/ Gary Smyth - acoustic guitar and vocals, Jim Ryan - bass and vocals and yours truly - electric guitar and vocals. We do a very eclectic mix of tunes from Steely Dan, Eric Clapton, The Beatles and The Allman Brothers to Marvin Gaye, The Lovin' Spoonful, Ricky Nelson and originals by each member. Great band and lots of fun to play all of these great tunes. Visit our Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/Stringers-Gary-Smyth-Sean-Bray-and-Jim-Ryan-528965274260403/?modal=admin_todo_tour


I also have recently become a member of a great Americana band called Dirt Road Opera which has a new CD to be released. I'm not on the record as they put together the new lineup recently. The band consists of Rachel Matkin - vocals, guitar, mandolin, Barry Mathers - vocals, acoustic and electric guitar, Jim Ryan bass and keyboards, Scott Gamble on drums and yours truly on electric guitar. Check out the new recording Nowheresville! Check out the website for more details. https://www.dirtroadopera.ca

That's all for now!
SB

Comments

Popular Posts